Site Ownership Demystified
Why I am I paying for this? Please remind me what this is?
Every so often we get asked to explain, define, and simply map out what website ownership entails. While most of us use the internet every day, some of us are still a little cloudy on how it all works. That’s ok! We’re here to help demystify website ownership for you.
Vocabulary: website edition
Billing: how does that work?
When you build a site at Blue+Pine Creative or transfer your existing site into our care it is important to us that you understand the ongoing cost responsibilities of site ownership.
We will go over all of this with you at the time of service, but year over year, it is easy to forget who, what and why… No worries!
Required Items: True for every single site on the internet, yes, even B+P pays these bills! 🙂
- Primary Domain Name Renewal – annual
- Site Hosting – annual
Optional Items: Making your site, yours!
- Additional Domain names – annual
- Professional Email – initial set up + monthly fee
- Website Maintenance – annual contract with monthly or annual fee
- Plug-In Licenses – annual
- CDN – annual and monthly
- Updates to site design or maintenance not associated with a contract – per use basis
Terms and Conditions: Have more questions about the nitty gritty of your specific plan, project, or subscription?
Please refer to our Terms + Conditions
- On our website Terms + Conditions Page
- In your signed Proposal
- OR EMAIL US and we’ll get a copy to you!
Still Have Questions?
Email or call!